Can a marriage be nullified on the grounds of false information

I got married 7 months before. He written on bio data that he is a bcom graduate and they showed their property two shops l. After marriage I found him really weird as he behaves thinks and talks like a pure illeterate person. He doesn't even knwo small english words. I cross verified many things and then I came to know he is 10th fail. He achieved a degree from some village from where anyone can get a degree even if u didn't clear ur 10th or 12th but he never revealed it to me I asked him mamy times about his marks but he always use to ignore. m a CA INTER pass and now pursuing my ca final. The day when I came i.e 2 months after marriage know about his fake education I left that house and never returned back we both took divorce in front of our samaj on stamp paper but I know that is mot valid but he is so illeterate that he doesn't even know that's it's not legally valid. now I want to know can I appeat for nullify of marriage based on fraud reason

Answers (3)

Yes you can file petition for Nullity of marriage as your consent for marriage was taken through false information. Condition is that the petition must be file within 1 year from date of marriage. One benefit of Nullity of marriage is that you won't get the title of divorcee.. For further assistance contact me..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

No petition for divorce to be presented within one year of marriage. �� (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, it shall not be competent for any court� to entertain any petition for dissolution of a marriage by a decree of divorce,� [23][unless at the date of the presentation of the petition one year has elapsed] since the date of the marriage:
Provided that the court may, upon application made to it in accordance with such rules as may be made by the High Court in that behalf, allow a petition to be presented [24][before one year has elapsed] since the date of the marriage on the ground that the case is one of exceptional hardship to the petitioner or of exceptional depravity on the part of the respondent, but if it appears to the court at the hearing of the petition that the petitioner obtained leave to present the petition by any misrepresentation or concealment of the nature of the case, the court may, if it pronounces a decree, do so subject to the condition that the decree shall not have effect until after the [25][expiry of one year] from the date of the marriage or may dismiss the petition without prejudice to any petition which may be brought after [26][expiration of the said one year] upon the same or substantially the same facts as those alleged in support of the petition so dismissed.
(2) In disposing of any application under this section for leave to present a petition for divorce before the [27][expiration of one year] from the date of the marriage, the court shall have regard to the interests of any children of the marriage and to the question whether there is a reasonable probability of a reconciliation between the parties before the expiration of the [28][said one year].

after 1 u have file case for divorce for nullity ground...

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Dear client u can file for annulment of marriage in the ground of fraud to declare marriage as null and void. U can also file private criminal complaint against him and his family for cheating under sec 420 of Indian penal code. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

hi,I got Married on 24 Nov 2016, and on 28 Dec 2016, i Caught my wife red handed during a sexual chat with her boy friend, she instantly deleted all h…

Read More

My frnd hindu her marraige solomonise spcile marrage on District Reg.Office At prsent he taking divorce her wife without any docter priscription she i…

Read More

A husband is seeking divorce from his wife on some false grounds. Farther in law has retained all the stri dhan (ornaments and cash) . How to get the …

Read More

Meri dost SONU ko uska Pati sath nahi rakhta h or kharcha bhi nahi deta h Gaon me sasural wale pareshan karte h Mayke wale bhi peechey hat Gaye h woh …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue