Can a divorce case be filled in Supreme Court ?

How can file divorces case in supremcourt in india

Answers (2)

No .
The divorce case has to be filed before the family court at first instance. Thereafter before Honble High Court and thereafter before Honble Supreme court.
So it is advised that you should first file before the family court of your District .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Supreme Court has not original Jurisdiction power of Divorce cases . Divorce petition should be filed in District court or Family Court so You should approach to District court or Family Court ........

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hi, My wife was diagnosed HIV +ve 8 months into our marriage. I have been tested -ve so far. My primary concern then was to ensure she gets the treat…

Read More

Would a woman who has been granted a divorce from her estranged husband be entitled to the 50% matrimonial share according to the Goan law? Catholic m…

Read More

i served notice for devorce to my husband in april15 .now i wants to give second chance to my husband.i stayed with my parents for 10 months and now a…

Read More

How can I get justice from a husband who is impotent and physically abuses me? We got married 3 months back. I came to know that he is impotent after …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue