Boy filed for annulment but girl is not given her consent

Just six months old marriage and the boy has filed case for anullment on the grounds of fraud and nonconsummation of marriage,and the first hearing is scheduled.However the girl is now showing willingness to get separated with mutual consent as no party is interested in entering into ugly fight. Kindly advise on how to proceed with stepwise action in this case.Can both the parties jointly approach the court authority for hassellfree anullment? Will this need to withdraw the already filled application or otherwise? Kindly reply specifically to the points raised here and any special suggestions

Answers (1)

335 votes

yes both the parties may application to convert the earlier petition into U/s 13 B i.e. divorce by mutual consent. after filing application court will give 6 months time for reconsideration and after six months court will again ask the final decision of both the parties accordingly the judgment, decree and order will be passed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles

Related Articles