Already paid maintenance but again filed case u/s 125 can we appeal

My brother had file a maintenance case even after taking the settlement amount Do we need to pay the maintenance even after the settlement.? we have already paid 2.5lacs as the settlement amount and we had mention in MOU that she should not file any 125crpc case against my brother, but still she did that. and order was passed in her favour My brother is not in india now. How can we file the appeal in High Court without his presence..?

Answers (2)

210 votes

in your matter i need to go through your complete case details , when your brother got married , when were they divorced, do they have any issues/children, wether the children were major or minor during sepration .your mou which was made and details of your case along with order copy .then only we can decide on what grounds we can move high court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

156 votes

You should appeal in the higher court as settlement is already made. once a person has received settlement money, then she is not eligible to claim maintenance
But he will need to send the signed vakalat for us to appear in the court. has he given any power of attorney to you ?

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles