Action for misleading court of being jobless in defense of maintenance

Till a year back the husband was working in Mumbai,resigned his job. and changed and went to Delhi. Court asked to submit his property and income tax documents. He submitted copy of resignation letter from his earlier company and declared he has no income as he is jobless, has no property, and no bank account. My daughter insisted that he is not jobless and doing a highly payable job in and around Delhi. Opposition lawyer replied that in our knowledge he is jobless, if you know that he is working then submit proof. My daughter had no option but fetch his income tax paper from income tax Department and submitted his income tax details to court. Court was surprised that he was misleading the court. He was fully employed, his last taxable was almost 25 Lakhs. All lies were exposed. Infuriated to harass us he filed F.I.R. against me and daughter under cyber law from a place near Delhi with his new address. But he has never informed this address to court. please advise.

Answers (2)

52 votes

Dear Querist, as per your query your daughter took a good step for defense and also drawn the attention of the Hon'ble Court. Now in the case were the husband has made an FIR in Delhi you have to again make point out the same before the court by which he will be totally cornered before the Court. Let the court make the note of it so that the Court will know that the person is playing with the law. For more information feel free to contact on my numbers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

61 votes

You can file an application asking the Court to take necessary steps to prosecute him for Perjury. Further what FIR has he filed? What is his complaint? You can file another application to the Court for directions for him to place on record his Delhi address and see if he again files false information.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles