Want to provide calibration services to foreign customers.

In Customs & Central Excise Law

We want to provide calibration services to foreign customers. We will Import devices of value each Rs 50K for the purpose of calibration & return to customer. These devices are not manufactured by us or supplied by us, they are foreign brands, usually of European make.

Answers (1)

237 votes

The first thing you would need to do is incorporate a company to run your business. A private limited company offers several advantages over running a proprietorship. Your personal assets are protected from business losses and it is easier to raise investments. For incorporating a company you will first need to apply for a Digital Signature and a Director Identification Number. Then you may file Form INC-29 which is an expedited way of incorporating a company. It takes about one to two weeks to incorporate a company in this manner.

The next thing to consider would be protecting your brand name. You would want to apply for a trademark for your company name, logo and tagline. If you have any additional marketing material that you would want to protect from unauthorised use you might also want to apply for copyrights.

The next step would be to apply for service tax registration for your business and complete other tax requirements. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Customs & Central Excise Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."