quesRegarding attachment of property in customs case. Can father be jailed

My father was involved in a customs case in 2012. The property we live in is in my grand- moms name but was in my father's name when it was bought and transferred in 1998. My dad was imposed with sections 112,112a,114aa,117 of the customs act. My grand- mom is alive. Can the customs attach the above property is there even a slightest chance ? A penalty of 60 lacs was imposed and an appeal has been filed in the tribunal . Can the govt charge interest on the penalty before the judgement of the appeal? Can my dad be imprisoned for this?

  • ans

    If the property was transferred by Gift deed in the year 1988, then the property cannot be attached .However there certain facts which needs to be considered but  for that we will have to examine your facts.

    Your query is silent on certain facts:

    1. Present ownership of property?

    2. Is your grandmother alive? Has she made her WILL?

    Please provide complete facts, so that we can address your query

    Furthermore, yes if your father is unable to pay then Hon'ble Court can pass an arrest warrant against your father

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 114 - Abettor present when offence is committed
Consult best Customs & Central Excise lawyers in India

Similar questions

we just order sextoy for social experiment.but when it delivered in india they said you…

I am exploring the export business from India of Mustard Oil. The HS Code of…

We are a exporter based in Mumbai and are procuring pharmaceutical raw material from manufacturer…
I received a letter from Service tax department for personal hearing through email , is…

Customs & Central Excise Lawyers in India

Advocate D S Chadha

 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Jai Dehadrai

  Hauz Khas
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Harsimran Kaur

  Safdarjang Enclave
 Experience: 12 years

Advocate Charu Mathur

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly