×

quesParcel stopped by customs as it contained some cash in it.

I have a received my parcel from London. It has been stopped by customs. The person with some goods has put some cash in the parcel. We were unaware that such transfers are not allowed. Now the authorities are asking for money every now and then on basis of taxes. What can i do now?

• ansI very much doubt that you actually received cash in the parcel. Are you sure that the same came to you? Or are you on the receiving end of such frauds, wherein foreign parcels containing cash are said to have been confiscated by the Customs, and you have to make payments to certain accounts? In such a case its your duty to register Criminal Complaints against such persons. Details can be traced through the account details.

Advocate Debashis Mukherjee

Safdarjung Development Area, Delhi