quesParcel stopped by customs as it contained some cash in it.

I have a received my parcel from London. It has been stopped by customs. The person with some goods has put some cash in the parcel. We were unaware that such transfers are not allowed. Now the authorities are asking for money every now and then on basis of taxes. What can i do now?

  • ansI very much doubt that you actually received cash in the parcel. Are you sure that the same came to you? Or are you on the receiving end of such frauds, wherein foreign parcels containing cash are said to have been confiscated by the Customs, and you have to make payments to certain accounts? In such a case its your duty to register Criminal Complaints against such persons. Details can be traced through the account details.

    Advocate Debashis Mukherjee

      Safdarjung Development Area, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Customs & Central Excise lawyers in India

Similar questions

We are a firm planning to enter into boat building activity. we will subcontract the…

Is Agreement required for deal under C form from manufacturer to super stockist (other state)?

I want to know about import of laptop and mobile. Is it legal to import…

Dear Sir/Mam, We are Steel Cutting unit and we sale goods under two type 1)…

Customs & Central Excise Lawyers in India

Advocate D S Chadha

 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Jai Dehadrai

  Hauz Khas
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Harsimran Kaur

  Safdarjang Enclave
 Experience: 12 years

Advocate Charu Mathur

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly