Ordering obscene toys online considered illegal

Hi, I had order sex toys 2 days back from a site called aliexpress.com and I came to know that ordering or purchasing /importing to these kinds of obscene goods are not allowed in India. I tried to cancel the order but the order seems to have already been shipped. I tried reaching the customer service and even the seller from whom I have ordered and asked them to cancel the order (screenshots of the conversation have been saved ). I had sent an email stating that I want my order to be canceled. I am not sure what to do next and when I would be issued a show cause notice. I want to end this issue before it starts. Please advice.

If the order has been shipped by the seller already, there's not much you can do till you receive the Show Cause Notice. Once you receive it, draft an appropriately worded Reply by giving details of your attempt to cancel the order and also other evidence in support. Many people assume that only penalty or confiscation is the practice, but each Show Caue Notice differs and sometimes it refers to a violation of the Foreign Trade Policy as well... which should be appropriated dealt with. Do not ignore it.

Popular Customs & Central Excise Lawyers