Ordering obscene toys online considered illegal

Hi, I had order sex toys 2 days back from a site called aliexpress.com and I came to know that ordering or purchasing /importing to these kinds of obscene goods are not allowed in India. I tried to cancel the order but the order seems to have already been shipped. I tried reaching the customer service and even the seller from whom I have ordered and asked them to cancel the order (screenshots of the conversation have been saved ). I had sent an email stating that I want my order to be canceled. I am not sure what to do next and when I would be issued a show cause notice. I want to end this issue before it starts. Please advice.

Answers (1)

348 votes

If the order has been shipped by the seller already, there's not much you can do till you receive the Show Cause Notice. Once you receive it, draft an appropriately worded Reply by giving details of your attempt to cancel the order and also other evidence in support. Many people assume that only penalty or confiscation is the practice, but each Show Caue Notice differs and sometimes it refers to a violation of the Foreign Trade Policy as well... which should be appropriated dealt with. Do not ignore it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Customs & Central Excise Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles