Is it legal to send a package of Belsomra from USA to Russia?

In Customs & Central Excise Law
I'm going to send a hypnotic Belsomra (Suvorexant) to my friend in Russia. I live in Seattle. Belsomra is a controlled substance (Schedule-IV). I have a prescription for my name. My friend has a prescription for his name. I've checked, and it's legal with regards to Russian law. But it's unclear for me with regard to USA laws. - Is it legal? If not, what is the punishment? Is it a fine or arrest? - Should I declare the hypnotic? And what is the legal liability for not declaring? - Should I attach the prescription?

Answers (1)

163 votes
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved BELSOMRA® (suvorexant) for adults with insomnia who have difficulty falling asleep and/or staying asleep. now in these circumstances as in you, you have to attach the prescription of yours as well as your's friend living in Russia. it is matter in your interest to declare your items...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Customs & Central Excise Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Customs & Central Excise Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."