×

quesHow to get excise exemption for regarding some sale to EOU?

We had turnover of Rs 166 lakhs in 2012-13. We had turnover of Rs 444 lakhs in 2013-14, of this Rs 350 lakhs of goods was cleared for the EOU unit. 

We had billed the material to the EOU and no other documents, except invoice, were given since we were not registered with the Excise. How can we get excise exemption for above sales to EOU?

The turnover to claim the exemption is 150 Lakhs. As you have exceeded your limit, it is advised that you should get yourself registered under the Central Excise Act. 

As the turnover is more than the limit prescribed, Central Excise registration is mandatory. This is a mandatory clause for any operating unit that exceeds the prescribed limit of turnover.

After the registration, only you can claim the exemption and pay the duty accordingly.