Witness not appearing in court after summons have been served

19-Apr-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Pls let me know if the complaintant / witness is not apperaing in the court even court issued witness warrant. Their actions seems they want to drag / delay the case. Is there any way to make them appear in the court. Kindly advise.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
866 votes
You can't do anything. It is for the court to take a call about securing the presence of witness. You can file a discharge application in the same court on merits. You can also file quash petition before the High court under sec.482 for quashing the charge sheet.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."