×

Wife file false harassment case against brother in law & his wife

My brother in law married 6years ago.now he want divorce as her wife's character is not good. She is threatening to file dowry case .can she drag me & my wife into this to harass. We are Hindu.

after the guidelines issued by the Supreme Court you will not be implocated in false criminal dowry cases. however she can harass you as per trends of society. you can take help from the court regarding any forthcoming harassment.

Dear there are very few chances that police will trap you in fir , but that lady will definitely put aligations on you and your wife, don't worry you can gave proper reply and show your innocency , if the police will not listen to you, court will definitely give you relief .

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore

Respected sir, you should not worry because now police only lodge case against husband and parents and in most cases declare parents innocent even this fact that complainant mentioned the name of them in complaint and especially relative are not connected to this dowry cases beacuse they will have no benefits if dowry is given to accused/husband or not so and apart from this now even before lodging FIR against husband one Enquiry conducts and so you can not be connnected to this case and as per the law down by the hon'ble Supreme Court of Indian in 2010(4) Criminal Court cases page 053(SC) where FIR against sister and brother were quashed by saying that FIR was lodged against then just to humiliate them.