Where to file an application for leave to travel during bail?

My neighbors have filed a false case of grievous hurt against me. Since the FIR was registered, I had to apply for a bail which was granted to me the very next day. Now, I need to travel abroad for some business purpose but the case is still pending in court. So, I wanted to know, if I am eligible to travel abroad. If yes, then what is the procedure to apply for leave to travel abroad during bail?


Since, an FIR has been filed against you, it is necessary for you to obtain a prior permission from the court before going abroad. For this you need to make an application in court requesting for the grant. You will have to give adequate reasons to satisfy the court to permit you to travel.

At no point should you try to travel outside India without the prior permission of court. In such case, you will be arrested in the foreign country with the assistance of Indian High Commission therein and sent back to India to face the judicial proceedings. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hello, My husband's elder uncle has sold the parental property without informing us as well as his younger brother. So we filled case against them…

Read More

My brother A4 in one case.my brother friend (A1) kidnapped one minior girl and surender before court.total 4 accueds in case. A1.A2.A3.A4. police are …

Read More

Sir/Madam, I am a Indian born know a New Zealand citizen and i am the de facto complainant. The FIR was filed almost 4 years ago. Accused anticipatory…

Read More

A friend of mine is arrested and is in jail for a period of 50 days for offences under section 408,420,468 and 471 of ipc..the amount involved in the …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue