quesWhere can i file defamation case? Which place to file it?

I want to file a defamation case against a person who file false cases against me and now those cases are disposed off. I want to know where can i file defamation case? The place where i stay or the place where that person filed false cases against me?

  • ansYou may file criminal compliant for defamation, as well as suit for damages, for defamation, though any such action shall depend on the fact, that allegations made against you were proven false before the court, and reference to the same is mentioned in the order favouring you.

    If those allegations have been put in before public, even when those were proven false, then yes you may have a case of defamation.

    You may file the complaint where cause of action has fully or partly occurred. Since the place where court cases were filed against you, definitely may be place for filing defamation complaint.

    Advocate Vivek Nasa

      Gurgaon District Court, Gurgaon

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have taken some loan from my company and agreed to pay the amount in…
I am a victim of 498a. myself , mother, father and my sister in law…

There is 1 case of my cousin police called him to surrender in charges of…

a case of 18 years back of kidnapping was reopened and we were called for…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

 Experience: 17 years

View all >>