What will happen if I do not show up on the case hearing date

My case hearing hasnt started yet and aarop-patra is also not made, my lawyer was taking further dates for some reason and now he wanted to get along with hearing but due to some reason i have been meaning to postpone it a bit more. I am stuck in a far away village for work and have lost my phone due to which i am not able to contact my lawyer, what will happen if i dont show up at the hearing as i havent given advance, will the lawyer take further date on his own accord despite due payment and what are the worst case scenerios.

Answers (1)

247 votes

You will have to somehow contact your lawyer for taking time from the court. You have not shared the details of your case as in under what sections and under which Act the litigation is going on against you. Nobody will be able to guide you as to what your lawyer will do on the next date of hearing, except him.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles