What to do if someone filed an false case against me

17-Sep-2023 (In Criminal Law)
My neighbour is a police officer and now he has filed a false case aginist us saying that we have encroached his property. We have measured the property and found that actually he has encroached about 2 cents of land with him. Can we file a criminal case againist him for producing false affidavit in court.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
663 votes
First you file a civil case against him for encroaching your propert, After that you file a 483 petition under crpc to quash the police complaint against you

Criminal court has nonurisdiction to finalise a civil dispute
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Answer #2
652 votes
Definitely you can initiate appropriate legal proceedings against him as he had violated certain provisions of Indian Penal Code as well as Kerala Police Act , which he is to bound to obey. Please provide me more details so that I can provide you adequate and appropriate legal advise .

With Regards,
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."