What to do if person is not returning the money back taken from me

07-May-2023 (In Criminal Law)
While traveling i saw a crippled man waving from his Handicapped Modified scooter waving for help, when i inquired he said his vehicle had run out of fuel and he had no money for petrol, i took pity on him since he couldn't walk and was stranded and i agreed to get fuel for him with my own money for ₹100.He did assure me that he will return the money back ,but to make things easier for him i said he could just topup my mobile number for ₹100 and we exchanged phone numbers. However this did not happen, when i contacted the person via phone after two days his wife said he has gone put on some sort of pilgrimage and will return only after 7 days but even after that time when i spoke with the person he keeps telling he will topup my phone number and it's been about 4 months since the incident and still hasn't done so far. I have recorded the phone conversations which i had with him and his wife with my phone as proof where he has repeatedly promised me to repay .Shld i file FIR to cops.
Answers (0)

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."