What to do if packers and movers not delivering goods after payment

I contacted a packers and movers via phone after checking their website. I wanted to move my bike and other goods total worth of approx 2 lakhs from pune to Bangalore. We agreed on 15000. They packed and took the stuff from pune on 9th Feb 2017. They had agreed to deliver the bike in Bangalore on 11 th Feb and other goods within a week. They have sent me photocopy of the bill of 17000 without mentioning goods listing as well as bike. I have not yet received anything as of 17th Feb. They later told me to make payment on their bank account before the delivery, otherwise delivery won't happen. Later they agreed to accept 10000 in advance and 7000 at the time of delivery. I transferred 10000. Now they are not replying properly, not telling when I'll receive my items. I checked multiple forums, guys behind this firm have cheated to many people, they have created fake ratings and fake comments to lure victims. Can I file FIR under IPC 407 against them? What options do I have?

Answers (2)

176 votes

Hi as you you had give your bike with some good of about 2 lava than they must have given you the receipt when handed over your good and about 15000 charge than you can file consumer case and cheating and extortion case against them.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

110 votes

First you will have to send a legal notice to the firm after that if there is no reply from their side then either you can file a complaint in the consumer forum or you can register a FIR to the nearest police station u/s 407 IPC.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles