What to do if my uncle has been falsely accused for taking bribe

Sir plz reply to my question as soon as possible..... Sir my uncle is in trouble. Uncle ke shop hai kacheri me vhaa ke pathvari hai usne kisi se bribe mangi and then he call to my uncle one person is coming to you and he will give you money plz receive it I will take that money from you tomorrow at the same time the person who give money inform vigilance staff or he is from vigilance staff or not don't know conduct raid and find uncle with just 6000 and that are also fake or counterfeit notes and possible steps we can take in this regard

Answers (3)

277 votes

Directly say to vigilance staff tht patvari told me tht one person will come here n he will u some money u receive tht many n i carry tht amount an aftr ur uncle should be show the call details between ur uncle n patvari. N ur uncle or his family members should be gave complaint to S.P.,ACP,I.G,D.I.G etc. Against the patwari regarding above said facts

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

328 votes

Dear Sir
Thank you for choosing me as your council and i will try to answer your query in most cordial manner. In India, trap corruption cases are regulated by 'The Prevention of Corruption case 1988'. under this statute, there are three components which are necessary to prove the guilt of accused. The three components are 1st Demand of bribe, 2nd Acceptance of Bribe and lastly Recovery of Bribe by the trap officer or in your case Vigilance Officer. According to facts stated by you, i am not able to find these three components in your uncle's case, so you need to clam down first because case of prosecution is very weak. I think uncle might be in custody and in that case you should first apply for his bail before the judicial officer (judge) before which the vigilance officer had presented him for his judicial custody. If the trial judge had already rejected your bail application then appeal before the session court and after that before High Court. Once the investigation officer will complete the investigation, he will file the charge sheet and trial to establish the offence would be initiated. During the trial, prosecution will try to establish the guilt of you uncle and your council i.e Defense council will defend your uncle. All you need is a good council for initial bail and afterwards a good council to defend your uncle during the trial. I hope your query is answered and please revert back in case i have misunderstood your case.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
208 votes

File a writtten explanation to the Police Officer concerned at the earliest. However, please be sure not to write unnecessary things in that explanation. Tell the entire incident. Secondly, apply for anticipatory bail as soon as you can. It is a serious case, be careful. Contact for further information.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles