What to do if members of housing society are harassing me

21-Apr-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Hi - I am tenant staying in One of the apartment in gottigere , Bangalore . Last night I had a beer bottle in my car and I kept the empty bottle in the parking basement . There was no dustbin . So I kept it in one corner of the basement . CCTV captured this and they are imposing penalty on me . Which I am ready to pay because I made the mistake . But they are asking me to pay 10,000 for this . Should I pay such high amount ? Also they made this video Viral in the society what's app group where there are 200 members the the group . Now every one in the society are calling me and saying this is shameful act . People are making comments like I am a criminal . I think the society association should have talked to me personally and ask for penalty . But they put the video in what's app group . Isn't it a defamation ? Now I need to leave this society because of this . Please advice
Answers (2)

Answer #1
635 votes
Dear client
In your problem it's a clear defemation on you when you ready to fine amount they have to close the issue but they put in social group Media it should not be happened how ever you may give legal notice according that.

Answer #2
858 votes
First look into agreement between you and your landlord. If it specifically mentions that you cannot bring alcohol in the vicinity then they can evict you but there is no chance that a private association can impose fine on you. Your privacy is violated when the CCTV footage was made viral. So it's better you consult a lawyer before paying any penalty.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."