What to do if a false 302 IPC case has been filed against me?

My tenant has filed a false attempt to murder case against me in order to threaten me, as I was asking him to vacate my apartment. What should I do?

Answer

Section 302 of IPC talks about the punishment that a person shall be given by the court, if he is found guilty of committing a murder.

However, in your case, if your tenant is just threatening you that he will file a case of attempt to murder, you can apply for an anticipatory bail in the Sessions court or the High court. It is best to hire a lawyer who will guide you throughout the legal procedure and defend your case.