quesWhat is to be done after anticipatory bail has been granted

Hello Sir/Madam . An F.I.R had been lodged against me and thereafter , I have prayed for the anticipatory bail in the Calcutta High Court , the Hon'ble Calcutta High Court has granted my anticipatory bail , the main order portion is that "We direct that in the event of arrest , the petitioner (me) shall be released on anticipatory bail upon furnishing bond of Rs-10000/-with two sureties of like amount to the satisfaction of the arresting officer & also subject to the conditions as laid down under section-438(2) Cr.Pc" The application for anticipatory bail is accordingly allowed . So my question is that what is my duty at this time? I'm very confused because my lawyer is not giving me proper assistance in this regard but he is just wanting the bail bond Rs-10000/-from me ,can I give it to him or not ? What should I do at this time ? If possible then please give me the answer please . Thank You.

  • ansRespected Sir,

    In the event of your arrest, i am sure you should contact your lawyer who has given you the first advice. Also you need a Certified order of Hon'ble High Court at Calcutta which has granted the same in your possession and another copy with your first lawyer. Without knowing further details i cannot advice further.


    Advocate Abhishek Mukherjee

      Hazra Road, Kolkata

  • ansYes now you have to appear before the Court having jurisdiction where the original FIR had been regsistered against you and then you shall have to produce this anti bail order and pay the bail bond and obtain bail from the lower Court having jurisdiction. You shall have to pay the Bond amount, but your learned advocate should give you proper guidance and assistance.

    Advocate Anubhov Kanjilal

      4, Government Place(N), Kolkata

  • ansNo not at all .your lawyer didnot explain it properly...the anount specified shall not be the baul amount..you have to pay half of that to secure bond..immediately u have to surrender before ACJM for granting confirm bail
    ..tou have to contact immediately fpr fine

    Advocate Anirban Chanda

      District Court, Barrackpore

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband file 494 case in may10 in the court. Then forward the case to…

What should I do if someone is continuously threatening me for my life and teasing…

ipc 353 for argument with traffic police & get bail
Now police not giving…
Greetings, I have lodged a complaint against a person in PS with regard to fraud…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Ricky Chopra

  Sector 49
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News