×

quesWhat and how can i file for quashing the FIR loged against my brother?

My brother is satying in the US. Recently he and his wife got their divorce finalized there. After a that a FIR was lodgged by the girls father under section 498A. How and where can I file for quashing of the FIR?

The quashing of an FIR can only be done by the Delhi High Court in a Petition under Section 482 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, unfortunately the trend in the Delhi High Court is that a petition under Section 482 of CRPC for quashing of an FIR is generally not entertained until the charge sheet has been filed in the FIR but like i said it a general trend,

but if you have a good case there is possibility that the FIR be quashed. 

• ansyou can file quash petition before high court because only high court has power to quash the fir.
    Consult to lawyer he or she will draft quashing for you and argu the same in your matter.

Advocate Akhil Verma

Delhi High Court, Delhi

• ansQuashing of FIR be filed in high court of the state where the FIR is registered

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansThe quashing of an FIR can only be done by the Delhi High Court in a Petition under Section 482 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, unfortunately the trend in the Delhi High Court is that a petition under Section 482 of CRPC for quashing of an FIR is generally not entertained until the charge sheet has been filed in the FIR but like i said it a general trend, but if you have a good case there is possibility that the FIR be quashed.

Supreme Court of India, Delhi