Want to get protection under whistleblowers protection act 2014

Hello, I wanna say that I’m scared of using RTI. Law talks about protecting whistleblowers but the fact is something else. More than 50 attacks have happened in Maharashtra state only. Can’t court direct authorities to provide information without taking rti activists’ info? I’m scared if I ask anything, my mouth will be shut. My right to life is in danger. I have strong weapon but I’m unable to use it. What should I do? Reply

Your identity cover depends on what type of RTI you have file, if it concern of corporate govt. Authority or political party you will be uncovered, if it is not of such type you will be safe.
For police protection apply for same under Whistle browser rules and CRPC.

Hi.. Presuming you’re a RTI activist. What kind of information/ whistleblowing are you seeking/ exposing? Also, has someone sent you threats etc. where are you from? Need to understand a detailed background.