Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Verbal abuse and attempt to hurt me physically by college professor

I am a student of Chandigarh University. Today, I had a written complaint against a professor. He took the complaint, tore it away, lashed at me, threatened me and was about to hit me before getting saved by other teacher. I don't feel secured at the moment and want to process the case legally. Please advice me.

Answers (4)

You can file complaint to Police Commissioner or other higher officials against Professor.... If police don't take any action... Then you can file Criminal Complant before court..... As per Lalita kumari Supreme Court Judgement registration of FIR is mandatory

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

First you have to approach you head of department or head of institution regarding the conduct of professor and if still your grievance not addressed, you file a complaint with police for your manhandling. However in my opinion no criminal offence made out.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience

This is a non cognizable offence police don't action in such type of cases. Now you have two remedies you can file complaint before the magistrates of concerned ilaqa and you can also file civil suit for damages but keep in your mind you have to prove it by giving evidence but such type of cases no student or professor will give statement in the court in your favour

Respected, you can move an application reagrding the conduct of said professor to the concerned police as he had no right to making verbal abuses and to uses criminal assault against you and punishment is under 506 IPC if verbal abuse is there and if criminal assault actually made then other relevant section shall be attracted and such police authority can take action against such professor u/s 107/151 CR. P. C for preventing him to not to hurt you and even govt. employ cannot save his skin from criminal liability arises by his act and conduct.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My uncle (Father’s Cousin) put false case against me and my parent first he tried to launch FIR but when police did investigation they found it was …

Read More

When a person injures with bike key with few blood during a big argument for bike accident, files an FIR to police as Criminal Case. Police consider b…

Read More

Can we use 428 crpc to fight against IPC 326…

Read More

one of my class used to love me in 2nd yr...BT der was nothing from my side...on my bdy he gifted me guitar....n I accepted....dn in 4th year he is as…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue