Verbal abuse and attempt to hurt me physically by college professor

I am a student of Chandigarh University. Today, I had a written complaint against a professor. He took the complaint, tore it away, lashed at me, threatened me and was about to hit me before getting saved by other teacher. I don't feel secured at the moment and want to process the case legally. Please advice me.

You can file complaint to Police Commissioner or other higher officials against Professor.... If police don't take any action... Then you can file Criminal Complant before court..... As per Lalita kumari Supreme Court Judgement registration of FIR is mandatory

First you have to approach you head of department or head of institution regarding the conduct of professor and if still your grievance not addressed, you file a complaint with police for your manhandling. However in my opinion no criminal offence made out.

This is a non cognizable offence police don't action in such type of cases. Now you have two remedies you can file complaint before the magistrates of concerned ilaqa and you can also file civil suit for damages but keep in your mind you have to prove it by giving evidence but such type of cases no student or professor will give statement in the court in your favour

Respected, you can move an application reagrding the conduct of said professor to the concerned police as he had no right to making verbal abuses and to uses criminal assault against you and punishment is under 506 IPC if verbal abuse is there and if criminal assault actually made then other relevant section shall be attracted and such police authority can take action against such professor u/s 107/151 CR. P. C for preventing him to not to hurt you and even govt. employ cannot save his skin from criminal liability arises by his act and conduct.