US citizen married Indian man files domestic violence case in India

I’m a USA citizen married to an Indian man who is residing in USA on H1B. The marriage took place in Hyderabad, Telangana according to Hindu traditions. It is not registered in India. He has been physically abusive towards me and harassed me for dowry as well. What are my options in India.

if your husband is of indian origin you can definitely forward the case as the act is definitive against all indian origin who are even residing abroad and you can file cases under IPC, Domestic Violence and need to prove the marriage under hindu customs is the burden casted upon you

Madam you can file a case in court stating that you are not happy with the marriage and you are not happy with the behavior of your husband and his family and you are willing to get separated calling him for grant of divorce