Remedy for father's legal trouble as sister showing suicidal tendency

We are a small family of three father,son and daughter. my mother had suicidal tendency and schizophrenia, and currently my sister is showing similar signs, unreasonable aggression, abusive language and suicidal tendency, we sometimes had to fight her for her own safety, and every time we had fought with her she screams for no reasons as if we were beating her brutally, she pretend to cry gather attention of the society for proving we are torturing her but instead we were tortured by her. My Father is liberal in nature and dont want to take her to asylum without her will. I would like to mention Society is not aware about her illness. My Question is What if she commits suicide in her room, will it cause my father legal trouble as society is not aware of her tendency, what should you recommend in this case, taking her to asylum, informing police or society?

Answers (1)

350 votes

First of all you have to make aware the society regarding the mental state of your sister, in order to avoid any problem that might arise in future. You should also keep all the medical records of your sister. you may also inform to your local police the problem you are facing.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles