Remedy as girl in house arrest & forcing for marriage against her wish

02-Apr-2023 (In Criminal Law)
I have a cousin sister and she is on house arrest. Her family is forcing her to get married and have done violence as well. What should i do? And what is in my power to get her out of the house legally?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
929 votes
You have not mention the age of your cousin. Anyway, no one can be kept in confinement ( house arrest), and force her to marry.
Secondly, if she has attained majority i.e. above 18 years of age, then no one can force her to marry against her will. And if she is minor, forcing her to marry and for that purpose keeping her in confinement would attract provisions of CRIMINAL LAW. You can make complaint to police station about this.
Answer #2
803 votes
Make a complaint against her family members. Also you can manage her to take out of the house safely if she is willing to and take her to the police station and let make a complaint against the abuser who do ever they are.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."