Procedure to file case of mental harassment & defamation by in laws

Hello I am married female I got married in may my husband Nd in-laws hv tortured me mentally and they made me to commit suicide in September but luckily I was saved wen I in hospital they were do humble to me and told me dey vl take care of me and vl be living happily so I didn't gv any statement to police I took Blane on me they told to go with my mom Nd they vl come Nd take me back but now it's been Jan five months hv passed they hv not took me and in return they hv defamed my character and even raising false allegations on me my in-laws Nd hubby hv called up whole community people and hv abused me and my family and even my parents upbringing is been questioned right now I am in a situation were money health reputation everything I hv lost I am not getting away to fight with dem because they r rich even they hv support of police and political people I am feeling so helpless and instead of again quiting my life I am not able to see other option plz guide me

Answers (3)

307 votes

We can file a dessertion and mental harassment along with cruelty against your husband and also plead for maintenance under sec 125.Kindly write a mail or get a legal proof of your request to take you back home as you are ready to continue the marriage as it's more than 6 months now.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

230 votes

You can file a police complaint u/s. 498. Police will take an appropriate action. If police fails to take an action you can file a private complaint at Court. Court will give instructions to police for the investigation. Meanwhile you can file a case against your husband for maintenance and other reliefs.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
328 votes

You can file a domestic violence case against your husband n his family. Are you working, if not ask for maintenance from them. If you are interested in going back to your matrimonial house then application for restitution of conjugal rights. Consult the advocate.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles