Procedure and requirements to file a defamation suit

My brother in Law defamed me in the entire market and shouted wrong words in the market near my house. He also defamed earlier in front of our relatives privately. He also gave dhamki that we he will put false charges against me and my mother. Can defamation case be done on this man? if yes what evidences are required?

Answers (3)

321 votes

आपके ब्रदर इन ला ने आपके बारे में क्या मानहानि कारक शब्द कहे और कब कब कहे और क्यों कहे ये सब आपके द्वारा नहीं बताया गया है l उनके द्वारा कहे गये शब्दों पर अगर आप कोई कानूनी कार्यवाही करते हैं तो उससे आपके पारिवारिक जीवन भी प्रभावित हो सकता है आपकी पत्नी इससे नाराज भी हो सकती है l इस सम्बन्ध में आप अपने शहर के किसी अधिवक्ता से व्यक्तिगत रूप से मिल कर बात करें और उन्हें विस्तार से सारी बात बताये l

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

210 votes

I would want to know what exactly he said to you because merely annoying or even insulting words may not amount to defamation unless it brings down your reputation and is untrue. Since he said it in front of others, there would be many people who would have witnessed it but , would they appear in the court to testify. If both these things are fulfilled, then you may file a case for criminal defamation, as well as a suit for damages (Compensation).

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
102 votes

Your brother in Law defamed you in the entire market and shouted wrong words in the market near your house. You have require evidence in whose presence your brother in law defamed you. You can file defamation case under section 500 IPC.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles