Petition for Domestic Violence against husband and in laws.

I want to appeal / file a domestic violence petition against my husband and matrimonial family, where to file the same and what is the procedure, kindly help me.

Answers (3)

268 votes

You have to file it in Metropolitan Magistrate's court where you stay. The procedure cannot be explained here. Hope this helps you. Fix up an appointment to advice you properly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

349 votes

Madam for domestic volience period of one year when said act is done is required as per recent judgment. As far as filing petition is concern you can file it where you r presently residing or were husband resides through expert lawyer .do which you have to discuss all acts done by ur husband n relatives. You can also seek protection , maintenance, residence etc orders from Court in same case.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
270 votes

you need to appoint an advocate. issue notices to concerned persons. then you can file application/petition before the Magistrate Court where you reside and summon your inlaws and husband. as per your instruction your lawyer will draft complaint supported by an affidavit and other relevant documents.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles