Penalty for name in the suicide letter

I had a fight with my girlfriend and now she says that she wants to commit suicide. Due to certain family issue, I told her that we probably cannot get married. Now, she is saying that she wants to die and does not want to live. If she commits suicide and puts my name in the suicide letter, can her family put a case against me? Is there a possibility I will go to jail?

If she commits suicide and leaves a note against you then you may be arrested under section 306 of IPC for abetting to commit suicide. Your best bet is to explain to her why you cannot marry her. Try to have a convincing conversation with her. Also send intimation to the local police disclosing the threat by your girlfriend to end her life. Get the letter drafted by your lawyer to be on the safer side.