Nigerian Fraud victim

one victim of such fraud lost money and committed suicide. what happens to the case then? Fir done, but the nigerians not caught yet. What if the legal heir is not interested in pursuing the case? Can it be pursued by the victim's lawyer?

Answers (2)

282 votes

Case can be pursued only by the kin of deceased. There may be occasions e.g when the statements and affidavits regarding internal family issues may be given, but a lawyer cant do that technically. So a family member has to be complainant and pursue. Lawyer can only handle things in court. Lawyer or any other person doesnt have a direct locus standi (except in PILs)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

183 votes

Once an FIR is lodged the case is to be pursued by the state. The victim's lawyer can of course help aid the process by following up with the authorities if he wishes to do so. Since these are not civil proceedings, the role of a legal heir in the proceedings is minimum.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles