My relative is under the charges of 399,402,21-b(a) arrested on 12 jan

In Criminal Law
They are 5 persons who got caught together in a car and my relative has stick (dnda) in his hand according to police . They did not commit any dacoite nor ther attempt they are arrested on the behalf of planning . He has no previous criminal record and he is currenty a student also . So i really want to know that how serious this matter is and us there any chance that ge can get out of this situation by anything. Because some lawyers are saying that in this crime he can even get life imprisonment. So i just want to know that what is tha maximum or minmum consequences in this case

whats the offence committed ? Is FIR registered? which IPC sections are on them? Need to clarify before commenting on your questions.. and if they have not done anything you guys need not to worry about.

hello
as per the details given by you that your relative was in car and police arrest them for planning of Dacoity in this matter he can get bail, as per trial evidence there is much chance of his acquittal.
In this matter i have to seen gir and charge sheet so i can give you best legal advice and guidance, for that you can contact with me
Adv Jitender Singh