minimum maintenance charges which can be put on husband under 498a

what is the minimum maintenance charges which can be put on husband under 498a case by his wife and maximum charges , after 5 month of marriage she put a 498a

Answers (1)

349 votes

hi, the wife is entitled to claim up to 50% of husband's net salary.
whereas court can give up to 30% of husband salary as maintenance.
please note that under 498A, wife cannot claim maintenance.
wife can claim maintenance only under sec125cr.p.c which is a different case altogether.
if wife is working , she cannot claim maintenance under 125cr.p.c also

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles