×

Legality of prostitution in India and laws related to it

Hello I want to ask about prostitution laws in India. (1) Is prostitution legal or illegal in india? (2) are call girls or escorts legal in India? (3) What is the punishment to the client if client is caught with escort in hotel? Please give me law and section in which details are given. Thanks.

Within 200 metres of public place 1st time punishment 3 months and twenty thousand rupees, 2nd time punishment 6 months and 50 thousand rupees, if girl minor then punishment from 7 to 10 years. Other punishment also applicable from 2 to 7 years as per law applicable.

Dear Querist, as per query you seems to be more curious about the prostitutes and their life. Yes prostitution is illegal and also can girls or escorts. For more please contact on the numbers mentioned in the profile so that we can get detailed information about the same

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore