Legal remedy against false case filed u/s 498A

1year back Iam married. I didnt registered my marriage. Me and wife stayed in home for 2 months. After that she got job and working . Now we are not living together because of family disputes. If she filed a case for 498a. Is it valid in court?

Answers (1)

302 votes

it will depend upon the facts in accordance and that when she left matrimonial home whether you have requested you to come back and joint the matrimonial home or not and other relevant facts and so please get personal advice

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi , i have given complaint in CAW cell almost 5 months and mediation got failed.However in between the SC verdict for 498a came that FWC are no long…

Read More

My wife committed suicide .she was a bipolar disorder patient.I have taken anticipatory bail for ipc306,498a in which i am the only accused.Trial has …

Read More

Mere bhai ne 2 year before divorce case file kiya tha ab uski wife ne 376&498A ka case file kiya hai husband,two brothers k against jo bhai se sep…

Read More

Filed divorce case .Wide filed 498A,RCR,Maintenance cases on me 5 years back.We are staying separately from last 8 years.Both Divorce and 498a cases a…

Read More