Legal remedy against false allegations of dowry harassment by wife

M an Hindu just got married in March 2017 n after four months of marriage my wife went to her father's place as he had met with an accident in the month of July and after that she never contacted to me or my family in between whenever my family or I had tried to met her or take her back to Home his father never allowed us after waiting for such a long time when we approached to pariwar pramarsh kendra then in second hearing she just gave a false statement consisting demand of dawry and haresment what should I do now .

Answers (4)

108 votes

Respected Sir,
As per your query there is a definite solution for your problem through proper petition in court of law.
We request you to meet us for complete solution of your problem in short time span.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

104 votes

In your case first and foremost you have to decide whether you want to live with your wife or not.
In both the situations the legal remedies available with you are :
In case you want to live with your wife, in such case you must file a petition under section 9 HMA.
But if in case you don’t want to live with your wife anymore, then you have to have a proper legal guidence as you will be required to make proper strategies for your legal actions.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
162 votes

File Sec 9 under Hindu marriage act i.e. Restitution of Conjugal Rights(RCR) in the family court. Let her reply there and make allegation of dowry. Next what do you want i.e. do you want to continue with the marriage or want to get rid of her.

60 votes

File a petition in family court under section 9 of hindu marriage act. This provision renders you opportunity as well as power to exercise conjugal right whereby you can legally compel the other spouse to return/join his or her marital home.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles