Legal procedure to report child abuse in India & legal action

How is non-recent child abuse reported in india and what action is taken against the victim ad the abuser.

Answers (3)

Kindly give more detail as to what kind of child abuse are you talking about here? However this is a gross criminal offense under the Indian Law. You may start with filing an FIR in the police station of your area

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can approach local police by meeting personally in police station or may dial at 100 and if any police officer still show inactive you can approach superior to them because none can deny to look into the matter concerns with child abuse even it is the moral or legal responsibility to inform the police or court if any such abuse is going on in any where in India.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Depending on the kind of abuse the child is suffering, such child abuse can be reported to the Commission for Protection of Child Rights which are set-up at the State & Central level or to the police, if such child abuse also amounts to a crime under penal or special Law. Eg. Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I want to file a writ petition in Karnataka high to get orders that the pending Criminal case should be disposed within six months…

Read More

Hi, I am from Kolkata. I have 2 ongoing pending cases of IPC 420. Now my question is that if i get a job in canada, then still can i get my new passpo…

Read More

Hi, My mother was died in 2012 in bike accident which is driven by my father. at that time bike never slip or folloen down.. no even little scratched …

Read More

I am from sindhudurg District of Maharashtra State. Sir The Tahasildar of Our Taluka has given an Illegal permission for Non Agricultural resident per…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue