Legal procedure to file a case against job consultancy

I'm frm TN, in Nov 2016, I got a call frm a consultancy in Amritsar(it hv their govt approved reg no. & incorporated with govt ministry of corporate affairs) promised me that they'll get me a unskilled job in Canada & so I confirmed 2get in process. They asked me 2 pay 2lakh as a fee, out of that, 1st they asked me 2 pay 4.6k as a reg fee & 39.5k as processing & LMIA fee, totally I paid 44.1k. They said 1st they will apply 4 LMIA without interview frm employer & it'll take 6months but after 6mnths, they didn't give a proper response, after a lot of my struggle they refunded 15k, they said they can't refund remaining amnt. So I seeked help frm consumer helpline, as per their advice I sent a legal notice via speed post, consumer helpline people also sent many official mails 2refund amnt, but no response frm them, so my question is if I file a complaint in consumer court, will I get my amnt with compensation? Is there any chance 4them 2 escape 4m d case? I resigned my job because of them.

Answers (1)

The section 12 of the consumer protection act shall be invoked. A case can be filed. Compensation shall be get from the person. A proper address is essential to file a case. The information furnished is adequate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi I want a criminal lawyer but I have no money so how can I appeal for a govt's free lawyer , and what about the quality of the layer , I mean wi…

Read More

How to get out of 448,323,504,506,R/w 34 IPC these case because I'm preparing for government job and is this case effect my carrier…

Read More

1.what is police procedure if police recieve complaint with proof against mla of maharashtra assembly ?(details required) 2.what is police procedure i…

Read More

will call back-- free question posted *LAWYER-SEARCH* my name is involved in a fight .but compromise has taken place.but police has taken my signature…

Read More