Legal procedure to file a case against job consultancy

I'm frm TN, in Nov 2016, I got a call frm a consultancy in Amritsar(it hv their govt approved reg no. & incorporated with govt ministry of corporate affairs) promised me that they'll get me a unskilled job in Canada & so I confirmed 2get in process. They asked me 2 pay 2lakh as a fee, out of that, 1st they asked me 2 pay 4.6k as a reg fee & 39.5k as processing & LMIA fee, totally I paid 44.1k. They said 1st they will apply 4 LMIA without interview frm employer & it'll take 6months but after 6mnths, they didn't give a proper response, after a lot of my struggle they refunded 15k, they said they can't refund remaining amnt. So I seeked help frm consumer helpline, as per their advice I sent a legal notice via speed post, consumer helpline people also sent many official mails 2refund amnt, but no response frm them, so my question is if I file a complaint in consumer court, will I get my amnt with compensation? Is there any chance 4them 2 escape 4m d case? I resigned my job because of them.

The section 12 of the consumer protection act shall be invoked. A case can be filed. Compensation shall be get from the person. A proper address is essential to file a case. The information furnished is adequate.