Legal implications if wife ran away with married boyfriend

My wife had ran away with his affair partner who is also married and has a child. Now i don't want her as well as my son back but also don't want any complications after this. Can you please guide how i should go ahead with. Should i file a missing report or FIR stating that we will not be responsible for any cause now after. Please advice.

Answers (1)

240 votes

Hi ,
You should file a complaint in concern police station .
You can file a divorce petition in family court on this basis .
If you do not wish to file divorce,you will have to wait for 7 years to marry again , If your wife do not return within 7 years you can marry again .


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles