Legal authority of police to arrest person after six months of death

I want to know can police arrest me on a complaint that my husband committed suicide after six months of death even if death certificate of natural death has been issued .

Answers (4)

156 votes

Hello Client,
It is possible that in prima facie a murder may be seemed as suicide. As you have death certificate of natural death the police authority have to show strong prove against you to arrest you.

Good Luck!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

342 votes

No police cannot arrest you if it a case of natural death. Kindly keep that death verticals safely as it will be of great help in future.Police don't have the authority to arrest an innocent person without evidence.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
179 votes

Hi, as you mentioned that on death certificate cause of death is mentioned as natural then police can never arrest you. How ever if police is troubleing you then submit the death certificate to the concerned Io.

288 votes

No law restrict police to arrest even after six months of commission of cognizable offence but it is sure that somewhere relevance will doubtful. It is possible that police may got some cogent evidence against you and on the basis of that they even arrest you to interrogate but definitely court view will favour you.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles