Legal authority of police to arrest person after six months of death

I want to know can police arrest me on a complaint that my husband committed suicide after six months of death even if death certificate of natural death has been issued .

Hello Client,
It is possible that in prima facie a murder may be seemed as suicide. As you have death certificate of natural death the police authority have to show strong prove against you to arrest you.

Good Luck!

No police cannot arrest you if it a case of natural death. Kindly keep that death verticals safely as it will be of great help in future.Police don't have the authority to arrest an innocent person without evidence.

Hi, as you mentioned that on death certificate cause of death is mentioned as natural then police can never arrest you. How ever if police is troubleing you then submit the death certificate to the concerned Io.

No law restrict police to arrest even after six months of commission of cognizable offence but it is sure that somewhere relevance will doubtful. It is possible that police may got some cogent evidence against you and on the basis of that they even arrest you to interrogate but definitely court view will favour you.