Legal action in case of mental harassment and defamation

17-Apr-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Hi, There is a girl whom I met year back now, everything went great, families agreed for our wedding. Now her uncle out of ego loss, as he wanted her to get married to someone of his acquaintance is creating problems. Following are the short problems I am mentioned here - He is defaming me, in his network and commenting badly on my family. - Doubting our credentials as a family in society - Torturing a girl for going against me by threatening her they he and his nephew will kill me if I get married. - Brainwashed her dad to take a stand against me. - Abused her and accused her for sleeping with me occasionally (Which we haven't) - She is trying her best to convince them, but they have also threatened to force her and take her home and asked her to quit job. We both are independent working professional belong to same community. (Hindu - Sub cast not mentioning). I am tired of listening to this defamation on my credentials daily. Requesting legal advise on this.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
747 votes
First of all you and your girlfriend, both file separate complaint in the police station against that person who is threatening and misbehaving with you all. If you and your girlfriend like each other and want to marry then no one can stop or restrain you. Get your girlfriend in confidence and file criminal complaint against her uncle. If you keep quite, they will torture you a lot and about marriage no issue if both of you are major then you can get marriage in court as well.



Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."