Legal action as girl runs away & re marries after 15 days of marriage

My sons marriage was a arranged marriage conducted in church of South India in Chennai. After fifteen days of married life. The ran away. Then we came to know that she already married to a boy through registered marriage. Can we file a bigamy case against her under ipc495

Answers (1)

244 votes

Yes you can file the the bigamy case under section 494 of ipc . also you can file a private complainant against her for cheating. But you have to carry strict proof for the same.

Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles