Legal action against fraud by car dealer

I purchased a car in Chandigarh through a dealer who guaranteed that car is non accidental and the documents will be transferred within a week or two.but later I came to know that car is accidental and fully repaired and repainted.and now it's more than 6 months I even didn't get the documents transferred in my name.what should I do?

Answers (2)

231 votes

At the time of purchasing an affidavit was made by you so the said affidavit is invalid after one month on that affidavit u can't transfer car after one month but if u got something in written at the time of purchasing then u can go for legal proceedings against car dealer like cheating

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

193 votes

Firstly make sure you have the seller's affidavit. Then make a police complaint regarding the said fraud against the dealer as well as the seller. Police may lodge FIR under Sections 406, 420 IPC against them.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We were shown wrong Land and facts were hidden from us regarding the Land, Forgery was done in showing us the other reciepts…

Read More

if some/one unknown person defame me without any reason than what should i take legal action against him. when i go out from house than some person la…

Read More

My elder brother does back magic on me. What action can i take in this situation?…

Read More

One of my relative was charged under 354 A and bail is granted and status is disposed. What is the next steps now it has been 7 months now. Is there a…

Read More