Jurisdiction for filing a perjury application u/s 340 and 195 CrPc

I shall be thankful to know the jurisdiction for filing a perjury application u/s 340 and 195 CrPC. Perjury has taken place in a case arising in Industrial (Labour) Court Bandra, Mumbai. Registered office of the respondent is in Powai, Mumbai and the applicant resides in Navi Mumbai.

Answers (2)

108 votes

in such a situation you have to write a letter requesting the Bandra court about to change to new Mumbai as it is convenient to you, as well as if any new evidence or additions you wishes to submit are also allowed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

140 votes

As per Section 340, an application is to be made to the Court/Tribunal stating that the offences mentioned in Chapter XI of the Indian Penal Code are committed by the other side.

After making the said Application the Court/Tribunal will conduct a preliminary enquiry and on prima facie evidence if the Court/Tribunal comes to the conclusion that there is perjury, then the Court/Tribunal will make or will cause to make a Complaint and forward it to the Magistrate for trial of the offences.

So your first step should be making of the Application to the Court/Tribunal so that a preliminary enquir can be initiated.


Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles