Is it necessary to prove ownership in case of theft

whether ownership is required to prove by the complainant in case of theft case if not proved then what consequences.

It depends on which article has been stolen, in some cases you should have proofs of ownership, otherwise it is not required, you have not told what was that item/ article which has been stolen, first tell the details..

ownership of goods or anything which is case property is required to prove by the prosecution/complainant to succeed in case as per law laid down by hon'ble Punjab and Haryana High Court in 2009(4) RCR crl. 919 (P&H) where it was held to prove charge under section 379/411 ownership is required to prove.

LH House, Bangalore