Interim stay order before adjudication of condonation delay petition

My case is Criminal revision case in high court against family court maintenance order. There is some delay of 42 days so I filed condonation delay petition and also an interim stay application of the impugned order during pendency of this revision. Condonation delay application is not yet decided as the opposite advocate filed vakalat but skipped the hearing. So if on next hearing too, the opponent counsel remain absent, can I pray for interim-stay of the impugned order even before the adjudication of my condonation delay petition??

Answers (2)

90 votes

as per the section 397 and other provision with regard to condonation of delay in criminal procedure code it prohibit court giving stay in proceedings until the delay petition is decided so please take motion slip for another hearing over the delay condonation

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

251 votes

Hello sir,
If there is delay in approaching the court, first the court has to condone the delay, then only the main case will be numbered, in ur case opposite party have to file their counter first, after hearing the court comes to know whether the delay is genuine, considers, otherwise not.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles