If someone uses fake educational degree what legal action can be taken

31-Jul-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Sir I want to ask if someone is using the fake degree of phd what legal actions can be taken against him
Answers (3)

Answer #1
908 votes
Initially you should collect the evidences through RTI with the University concerned. When you get the same, you can file a Police Complaint U/s 468, 471 of IPC in concerned Police Station.

If the Accused is using his/her degree somewhere for job or as a professional, you should inform the concerned Company/Department through written complaint along-with the copy of the Reply of RTI(s).

Answer #2
517 votes
inform wherever he is using the degree. Also inform the college from which the PHD degree is claimed to have been obtained.
Answer #3
703 votes
He can be charged under sections 466/ 468/ 471 of the Indian Penal Code. The act and intentions are important, when we are exploring the responsibility of an accused. The effect of content of a document being itself wrong may not impact in such a case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."